Day 24- SOMETHING YOU'VE LEARNED
That's a pretty loaded statement, for you see I have learned a whole lot in my 29-ish years on this earth. But seeing as how it's Thanksgiving and all, perhaps I will share with you what I have learned TODAY.
I have learned...
- That early to bed, early to rise holds no bearing on excited sugared-up kids. More like late to bed, butt crack of dawn to rise.
- That it's a production to get 6 adults showered and ready to go in a house with one bathroom, two potty trained kids and a toilet troll.
- That having all the cousins together is so much fun and makes for some cute pictures.
- That my mom's cooking still takes the cake every time.
- That my little brother STILL makes the best gravy ever.
- That Thanksgiving dinner is NOT the best time to give a baby their first food that isn't rice cereal.
- That plain avocado and potatoes make a 5 month old baby girl turn into a milk volcano.
- That even cute turkey shirts are susceptible to the up-heaved baby lunch, sadly.
- That when you eat just a tiny bit of everything, you still end up with a full tummy.
- That there is NOT always room for pie.
- That if there is not room for 1 piece of pie, you should especially not try and fit four, albeit small, pieces of pie.
- That a food coma is a very real and serious matter.
- That Nicole makes the yummiest and most delicious and edible sweet potatoes on the planet!
- That Thor can put away not one but TWO pecan pies over the course of two days.
- That when you make a bow for your baby
- That all intentions of black friday shopping can be easily defeated by too much food, a two hour drive and too little sleep.
- That Thanksgiving this year was pretty near perfect.
- That it wasn't the same without Ben, but there's always next year.
- That I love my family more than anything on this Earth.
How about you, friends?! How was YOUR turkey day??