Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

June 16, 2012

There's A First Time For Everything

Well, well, well.
Guess what my big fat butt did this morning!!

If you guessed slept in, well, my friend, you would be incorrect.

Me and my BOB ran our first 5K!
(BOB would be my Big Ol' Butt for those of you not in the know)
Get out of town, right!? Who is this girl you ask!?
It's me, baby!  
Well, the new me anyway.  
The old me thought running was for suckers and that it would most definitely be the end of me if I were to try to run.  
In 6th grade, I HAD to run the mile.  I think I did it in 12 minutes.  
And thought my life was over.
In high school I was in track, but I was a thrower.  
We had to run 2 laps every practice. 
I dropped out.
Well look at me now.
I've still got some post baby chub.
I'm tall and awkward and the complete opposite of graceful and athletic.
But guess what ya'll?! 
I did it!
I DID IT!!!
All you haters can suck it!  
 And I'm talking to you 6th grade and high school me(s)!
Go sit down and think about boys or something.  

Here's how it all went down...

My cousin Stuart, his sister Sarah, and their Mom Sue all signed up to run the 5K and I am so glad they did!  It was awesome to be there with people I love!

Here we are, doing a little pre-run laughing.  You know that's important, right?!  Forget stretching out those calves and thighs.  The belly laughs are where it's at.

I THINK this is Stuart's game face...although it could just be gas...

It was 7 am and Sarah was more that happy to be up and going...

Yeah, uh, I got nothin' here...this could be gas too...

My awesome Aunt Sue, who I learned today has quite the running past.  She's awesome.  Oh I already said that?  Okay well, she is so deal with it!

These are my adoring fans, so dedicated that they woke up super early and hauled their tiny butts out to eat granola bars and whine.

It's a tough gig, being my fan, but they're pretty great at it.

Here we are learning "Da Rulz"

A quick prayer and we're off!



Lap one went well.  I was good.  Life was good.  My new special running clothes were giving me the wedgie of my life.

Lap two: a little tricky, starting to contemplate hiding around the corner and just jumping out at the last minute and finishing in with the speedsters.  Also, why does all running clothing decide to head north in the event of a little southern movement??!

Sarah looks pro.  I think this needs to be a Nike ad.

Stuart.  STUART!!

He crushed it!  He even hurt his back earlier in the week and he just rocked it like a boss!


Lap three: Cursing late night munchies from last night and considering making a pact with the Devil to get me out of this situation I am in.  And then I noticed that approx. half of the runners we started with were done and having delicious Gatorade and bananas.  Boo.  Also, my Ipod between my cleavage was creating a strange pool of sweat...ahem.  And I look like a frog.  And my pants and I were on a break.

Last lap: done.  Don't care about anything else but making it to the end.  Even if there were a bunch of dirty, dirty cheaters out there running with me...you know who you are!

Donezo.  Finish line!
Seriously donezo.
I ran my first 5K in 37:40.
It was a 3.73 mile course and that means I ran 10 minute miles!
SUCK IT 6th GRADE ME!!  
Bwa ha ha ha ha!!!
Yeah buddy!

Here comes Sarah...and Stuart!

Yay!!


So that was it!  We all did it and it was actually kind of fun.  What am I saying?!  Who AM I!?!

Would you like to know the secret of my success??
I'd be more than willing to share if you promise not to judge.


My little secret would be my super awesome playlist my Ipod I created.
I had a whole bunch of tried and true songs that I'd been testing out for weeks.
But in the 11th hour, I switched up the scene and added some new ones to the mix.
And just put the ol' 'pod on shuffle.
Would you like to hear the mega super awesome pump-you-up playlist my Ipod created for me?!
Okay.  Here's what I ran to in the order of their appearance:
Not kidding, #1 was Eye Of The Tiger.  (My Ipod has the best sense of humor ever!)
#2 Hey Ya by OutKast  (Shake it like a Polaroid Picture)
#3 Pain by Three Days Grace (Yup, fitting I know)
#4 Dog Days Are Over by Florence and the Machines (It's a way good song to run to.  Try it!)
#5 Good Life by OneRepublic  (It was a great moment, actually)
#6 Everybody Talks by Neon Trees  (I sorta wanted to die during this song)
#7 Billionaire by Travie McCoy and Bruno Mars  (I DO want to be a billionaire!)
#8 Fire To The Rain by Adele (Ah Adele) 
#9 I'm Yours/Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Straight No Chaser (I think I was hallucinating at this point)
#10 Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon  (I ran through the sprinklers, you know, because I was on fire.)
#11 Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely) by Pink (I was almost done...and lonely)
And finishing it off, #12 Cowboy by Kid Rock (DON'T YOU JUDGE ME!  You know you love this song!)

So there you go.  My big secret: an awesome playlist to keep your spirits up.
Oh and training since March.  
But you know, technicalities.
I can't wait to do it again.  And I know my time wasn't that great but ya gotta start somewhere, right?!  At least it's a start!


Photobucket

6 comments:

TheDreamingMyriad said...

You rock lady! And also, your sense of humor kills me. And lastly, I hate awkward boob sweat.

TheDreamingMyriad said...

Oh and this is Cherie. :-)

Rebecca said...

wow you rock girl congrats on running it

Sanz said...

Awesome! I think running races are great! The adrenaline you get from the crowd is so energizing! good work.

Stephanie said...

O how I've missed reading your posts! I should check my feed more often. Laughing out loud moments....you rock! I'm so proud of you!

Jennifer said...

your comments on your pictures were the BEST! made me laugh :) Nice job -- I can't even run past a mile right now, Keep it up!