Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

November 9, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day 9

SOMEONE YOU DIDN'T WANT TO LET GO, BUT JUST DRIFTED.




I have a few friends like this.  I hate that.  But, you know I also hate to admit it, but thanks to Facebook I have been able to keep up with people I thought were long gone, so that's kinda nice.


But I had a beautiful friend named Maricella.  We met in Laramie when I went to a summer math and science program.  (Mock me if you will, but I was a smarty pants.)  She was my roommate.  And I loved her.  She was so quiet and soft spoken but hilarious!  And I went 5 weeks without knowing that she spoke Spanish!  I was struggling through my beginning Spanish course and there she was, the WHOLE TIME, able to speak perfect fluent Spanish.


We kept in touch through high school and then got to be in a summer program two years later.  We had the best times!  She was so different from anyone I'd ever met.  She was so beautiful!  I always envied how gorgeous she was. 


We hung out a few times after college.  She was a bridesmaid at my wedding.  And I miss her so so much.  I hope she is well and I would love to be close again.  But you know how things go.  Time goes by, you miss a lot.  Pretty soon you're acquaintances and it's just not the same.  


I sure miss your face, Miss Sanchez!  Love you!!

Photobucket

No comments: