Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

November 8, 2010

30 Days of Truth: Day 8

SOMEONE WHO MADE YOUR LIFE HELL, OR TREATED YOU LIKE SHIZ.


Yeah, it wasn't hard to come up with this one.  It is kind of a long story, though.  So snuggle in, get some cocoa and listen up.

I was in beauty school after I got my degree from college.  I knew no one.  I can remember I would go home and just cry and cry because I had no friends and I was ridiculously and painfully shy.  I didn't know how to talk to people.  I didn't know how to start a conversation.  It was sad, really.

Then one day a girl came up to me and started talking.  I thought she was really young, like 18 or so, which is kinda funny because she was actually 28 at the time.  She was LDS.  She was talkative.  She was funny.  We became fast friends and that was that.  We hung after school and on the weekends.  I got to know her parents and family.  She knew about my situations and didn't judge me.  She was seriously my only friend in town.  We saw each other basically every day.  She was like my best friend.  She was going to do my hair for my wedding.  She didn't.

She did something that I didn't agree with.  In fact it pissed me off so bad I didn't know what to do with myself.  You see, in beauty school you have a certain number of haircuts, perms, nail sets, etc that are to be done per week.  We were in charge of getting the work we did signed off by our instructor and then turned in.  She TOLD me that she was signing off her own stuff and turning it in.  My world was shattered.  I cried and prayed about it and seriously didn't know what to do.  So finally I took it to the teacher.  I thought I was doing the right thing.  I was standing up for what I knew was fair and right.  I didn't want her to get busted and kicked out, but I didn't want her to get through by cheating either.   I was seriously between a rock and a hard place.

Well the teacher wasn't very smooth and instead of waiting for a forged signature to show up in the turned in pile, she told this girl that someone told on her.  She of course denied it.  And knew who told because, obviously, she only told one person.  Hello.  Me.  The narc.

So from that day on my life was hell.  She had every single girl in that school turned against me.  Every single one.  I busted her talking crap about me at one point and it was just ugly.  I hate my life, I hated going to school.  Thank goodness I only had a few weeks left until I reached my hours because it was the worst time of my life.

I got thinking about the span of our friendship and realized she really hadn't been that great of friend to me.  She would used me a lot.  Like I once skipped school to drive to Laramie with her and sat in the car for 2 hours alone so she could make out with her then boyfriend.  She was just one of those people who would talk your ear off and want you to be there for them, but when it came to me and my life and things I had to say, it was hit or miss on whether or not she was listening.  There were quite a few times I just stopped talking in the middle of a story and she didn't even notice.  She always messed up my hair whenever she cut it...or styled it.  Once she burned a chunk right off.  And I later found out that she had only befriended me because she knew I was inactive and wanted to get me to come back to church.  I was a project to her.

I went through a lot of pain because of this whole situation.  It really hurt that this girl who was my only friend for the better part of two years was suddenly gone.  It was like a breakup.  We've all gone through those, right?  Yeah.  It hurt.  And I was scared to go shopping for fear of seeing her.  So I sat home and went to work and that was basically it.  It was awful and hard and I hope I never have to go through that feeling again.  I was mad and hurt and sad and I hated myself and I hated her and I hated that I hated her because she was my friend and I loved her.

And you know what?  I still miss her.  Yeah, she was a sucky friend at times.  Yeah, she treated me like major shiz and made me a whole lotta enemies.  But I still think about her and wonder how she is and if she's married and what's been going on.  I know, my ever forgiving heart.  We have not kept in touch, as you may guess.

It has taken me a long time to get over it, to be able to drive into Cheyenne without my heart sinking into my stomach.  And that sucks because there were a lot of other people from school that I would have liked to keep in touch with that now think I'm the most evil person on earth.  Lame.  But in all seriousness, would you want someone cutting your hair that cheated their way through school?!  Yeah,  me either.


Photobucket

No comments: