Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

November 30, 2009

30 Days of Thanks #30

I AM THANKFUL FOR THE HOLIDAYS.

I do it every year.
It seems I think I am a super girl of some sort and plan on doing so much stuff in preparation for Christmas.
So much.
And every year I think, "Gosh, self, next year let's just take it easy and not do so much yeah?"
And then I answer, "Yeah, sounds like a plan! This year was crazy!"
And then I decided that maybe talking to yourself is a little weird and I should stop doing it...or just stop telling people about it.

ANYWAY
I have a CRAPLOAD of stuff to do. And my time has been divided by two since April, which is discouraging sometimes.
Do you remember that old TV show, what was it, Out Of This World or something? Where the girl's Dad lived on another planet and his voice came out of a diamond box thing and she could put her two fingers together and stop time and everyone around her, but she could move around and go about her business? Do you know how BAD I want that power?!
REAL bad.
Alas, I live here in the real world and not on tv. So I have to find a good way to manage my time. Or learn how to say no.
Either way, I gotta get my rear in gear or time is going to fly by.

But I am so grateful for the reason I feel the need to be so busy.
I love Christmas and the holidays surrounding.
I love spending time with family and catching up and reminiscing about all the good times.
I am thankful for the reason we have Christmas and how magical the season is.
It's gonna be awesome. I can't wait.



Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go sew something.

2 comments:

Jena said...

Too funny - I completely forgot about that show until you mentioned it here - now I'm totally remembering it! Good luck this holiday season getting things done - but remember, you don't have to do it all!

Kristin - The Goat said...

I've never heard of that TV show, but I'd love those powers, too!! I hope you enjoy the season with your family, no matter what you get accomplished.

You won the prize that I offered for NaBloPoMo and I stopped by to say hello and congrats! Shoot me off an email and I'll give you all the details :)

Kristin
Kirby3131(at)gmail.com