Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

November 10, 2009

30 Days of Thanks #10

I AM THANKFUL FOR COOKING AND RECIPES.

I love food. Most food. I have an ongoing love affair with food, more of a love/hate relationship, really. I am an all-star dieter. I feel as though I've been on a diet since I was 16. It's kind of sad because it's mostly true in one form or another. Lose weight, maintain, gain. It's a vicious cycle. Throw in a pregnancy or two and that's just asking for trouble!

So it goes without saying that my food repertoire has been quite, um, limited. Between my personal tastes and "good" foods and "bad" foods, well, let's just say I was not using my full food potential.

I've been broadening my horizons. I've been making new foods for dinners for the past few weeks. I've never felt more, um, grown up? I don't know, it's hard to explain. I feel like I'm finally becoming the mommy/wife I've always wanted to be. I'm learning so much about cooking and tastes and food combinations and it's so FUN! It's like what the heck have I been doing for the past 10 years because this is AWESOME!! I am so thankful for food! AND I can't wait for THANKSGIVING so I can try out a bunch of exciting new recipes!



On a side note, I recently just learned the correct way to spell recipe. Honestly, ALWAYS spelled it wrong.

No comments: