Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

November 26, 2009

30 Days of Thanks #26

I AM THANKFUL FOR FOOD.

Holy CRAP am I thankful for food.

Especially today.

I mean, I am so very grateful for the reason we have Thanksgiving and the Pilgrims and our religious freedom. Yes oh yes, it is all very important.

But I love Thanksgiving food.

Thom makes a mean turkey.

I wish I had a picture to show you all the amazing food we enjoyed today.
We stayed home, alone. No parents, no brothers or sisters-in-law. No grandparents.

Just Mommy, Daddy, Izacc and Ian.

It was kind of fun. A lot of work, but nice.
Don't get me wrong, I missed our families today, that is true.

But we had a good time nonetheless.

We'd been waiting all day to eat, so when it was done, boy were we excited!

As you can see.
I am so hungry I am apparently eating my own lip.
Here is our wonderful spread.
"Put the camera down, Dad. I'm STARVING!!"
We had a turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, rolls, corn, sweet potatoes, jello, some cranberry sauce and we even had some sparkling cranberry juice. It was divine.
Izacc was unsure about eating everything. In fact, he only had mashed potatoes and a roll. Little did he know there was ground up turkey in his potatoes...
BWA
HA HA HA!
Hey, don't judge me! That kid eats nothing! I gotta get it in where I can!
This one, one the other hand, had a little bit o' everything. And he lurved it...
After dinner was all cleaned up, Izacc and I got our cookie on and made some pretty sahweet turkeys.
Izacc really got into it...
I mean REALLY.
And lest we forget the pies. Oh, the pies...
And even after ALL that, we're still sitting here doing a little of this...
And yes, that is my foot by the food. Appetizing, no?
Mmmm, carrots and video games. Does it get any better than that?
Yes, it does get better than that if you add a cookie.
Izacc
has had about 4.

I am thankful for all the food. Food, food, food. Yummy yummy food.

Our Thanksgiving was fabulous.

How was yours?

2 comments:

Jules AF said...

Obnoxious. Stressful. And it ended with an argument. SUPER FUN.

Eileen Izatt Burton said...

When I found out you were doing the "only our little family" Thanksgiving, I told your mom I couldn't wait to see it on your blog and you didn't disappoint me. Glad it was good. Ours was too except for the backed up sewer issue. Oh well, it gave me a lot more to be thankful for. Love ya.