Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

January 22, 2009

Better Late Than Never Right?

With little Izacc away for two weeks, I had a lot of time to get Christmas fun stuff done. I made a lot of presents this year, which was really great. It felt more like Christmas, and made the giving seem more personal. A nativity scene for my mother-in-law, a couple cute Christmas decorations for my mom, and a Family block sign for my sister-in-law. It was a lot of fun.


I also had a nice time doing lots and lots of cooking up some yummy goodies for our friends and neighbors.These are like those Mexican Wedding Cakes I think they're called, but smaller and without the nuts. And oh so so delicious. If they weren't so time consuming I might be tempted to make them more often.I have never made fudge before, and I really didn't know any good recipes, so I made three different kinds. Also a nice big ol' batch of Gramma Cannon's Carmels. HEAVENLY!!!
And what is Christmas without a massive amount of divinity, also known as fairy poop to some...All our goodies lined up and ready to be packaged.
36 packages later, we were happy to be done! Whew!

And I know, it's cheesy, but look how cute we were for church on Sunday! I made Izacc's tie and vest and a little jumper for pregnant ol' me.


2 comments:

Shan said...

I always thought you took sweetness to the extreme, but that's ridiculous. :)

Tara Ann said...

Can we start calling you Holly Homemaker now? You have way too much free time on your hands ;) Seriously though... how awesome!

P.S. I love, love, love Mexican Wedding Cakes... but I'm allergic to the nuts... any chance I can get your recipe?