Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

August 20, 2010

Friday Confessional




Hello! It's Friday and it's that time again. Let's just get right to it, yeah?
  • I SUCK at blogging.
  • I really do.
  • I really enjoy doing it.
  • And the outlet it gives me
  • You know, being able to just put it out there and get it out of my system.
  • but in my list of priorities, I feel really guilty sitting down to write a post when my living room looks like the aftermath of a natural disaster.
  • But guess what, friends!
  • MY HOUSE IS CLEAN!
  • I know, right?
  • It took me way longer than I would have hoped, but I think I've finally got a handle on things again.
  • Well, aside from the bathroom.
  • Can I just say how much I despise cleaning that stupid, tiny bathroom?
  • Utter hatred I tell you.
  • Not sure why
  • Have never really had feelings towards cleaning a bathroom before.
  • This one's got my number.
  • And I hate it.
  • I just can't get the umph to get in there and do it.
  • And it taunts me
  • every time I go in there
  • seeing the crayon on the tile
  • and the clutter around the sink
  • My inner anal retentive clean freak really wants to clean it
  • but the rest of me screams "I DON'T WANT TO!"
  • And the squeaky wheel gets the grease, you know.
  • Plus I can usually find something else to distract the inner clean freak
  • you know, like sorting something
  • or sweeping
  • or putting all the clothes IZ has grown out of into a tote.
  • and then putting said tote in EB's room.
  • That's right, folks.
  • The 15 month old is going to start wearing the clothes the 4 year old can still technically fit into, but mommy's anal retentive freak has taken all of the size out of IZ presence, just so it will be a pseudo-transition.
  • I'm pretty sure I'm going to hear, "Hey that's my shirt!" about fifty times.
  • Heaven help us.
  • And EeBs is getting smart too.
  • He's learned how to throw his weight around and get practically whatever he wants.
  • I'm afraid of the future.
  • Oh and I stole a sticker from Smiths yesterday.
  • IZ really wanted a sticker
  • The bag boy was busy
  • So I swiped one from an unmanned register.
  • AND THEN I got the talking to of my life!
  • "Mommy! You little sneaker bug! You stole that!
  • We don't steal! That's bad! You're supposed to ask before you take one!
  • You need to go tell him you took that! Stealing is not nice, mommy!"
  • Etc etc etc.
  • It went on for about 10 minutes.
  • Not kidding
  • And I was trying to justify my way out of it
  • But seriously, try and rationalize with a 4 year old sometime.
  • Exactly.
  • So I guess I need to go to Smiths and confess my sins to them,
  • But hey, it gets me out of cleaning the bathroom though...
Okay your turn! Go over here and read and play! Seriously, it will be so fun!!



Photobucket

3 comments:

VandyJ said...

Cleaning the bathroom is among my least favorite things--especially with all the boys in the house. There are times when it taunts me but I have learned to ignore it very well, at least until my feet stick to the floor or the toilet is just to gross for words--then I have oldest son clean it--it's teaching him to clean and I don't have to do it(much).

Jax said...

Ugh. Cleaning anything is on my least favorite but what I hate the most is not the entire bathroom; it's the bathtub. HATE it! I'd like to hire someone to clean just that.

Plain Jame said...

HI! THanks for your comment, it's always nice to have a new friend.
Ah yes, the bathroom escapades. It never ends.... it's an ongoing saga in this household.