Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

April 24, 2010

Saturdays Don’t Count, right?

I’ve had a fabulous day! Izacc and I went on a “date” to his primary party, just the two of us. It was fun spending time alone with him, he has such a tender heart. So tender, in fact, that when the kids were playing Red Rover, he didn’t break through and burst into tears. He kept saying, “I am not strong enough! I am a little boy!” Poor thing. Oh Izacc.

Then I finished up my last sewing project, which was awesome. I’ve been working on stuff forever now it seems. Here’s what I made today

DSC_4897

It’s a bag made out of an old pair of cargo pants.DSC_4898

It’s even big enough to hold a few magazines, a wallet and who knows what else!

DSC_4899

Super cute huh? And so easy! It really took me less than an hour to do, start to finish. For more info, check it out here.

Thom and I then spent the majority of the day in the dungeon (aka basement) playing clean sweep/pretend like your moving/get this crap organized or out of my house! It was delightful.

Really I promise it was! We decided that we would pretend like we’re moving and box up everything down there. Then if we did move, it would all be ready to go. If we didn’t and it’s been 6 months er so, we know we could live without it and can get rid of it. Fun right? I know!

So here is our progress:

DSC_4893

TRUST ME! You DO NOT want to see what it looked like before! No really. I think I can find someone to vouch for me. It’s better this way.

DSC_4894

Still a lot of work to do, but looking and feeling so much better already! We’re just sick of sitting in limbo. You know, SOMEDAY we’ll finish the basement. SOMEDAY we’ll get stuff organized. Well, friends, someday came today. YES!

Due to said basement dwelling all day, dinner was a quickie. My favorite recipe. Really.

DSC_4887

Bubble Pizza. Ever had it?

Oh so so yummy! You really should try it sometime. It doesn’t last very long in our house. Those bite sized pieces seem to cry out, “Oh I’m only one little piece! You should eat me!” Then, suddenly, Bubble Pizza gone. Sadness.

DSC_4891

Ian agrees. He ate probably his weight in Bubble Pizza.

DSC_4892

Okay, not really, but he did eat it like it’s going out of style. Such a good eater that boy!

And then, as not to have a completely nutritious thing to eat all day, I decided to make an impromptu batch of Monkey Bread. Dieters beware…

DSC_4895 DSC_4896

Come on! You KNOW you can taste the sweet gooeyness! If you want the recipe, it’s here. I kind of just winged it and it turned out SO super yummy.

Oh and Izacc went to be before 8:00pm.

And Ian is sound asleep as we speak.

Could this day get any better?

I think not!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Great Bag! I really wish I knew how to sew! Also going to try Bubbly pizza this week. Thanks!