Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

April 28, 2010

Birthday Goodness

As I sit here on the eve of Ian’s first birthday I am feeling very nostalgic and a little weepy.  It’s hard to believe it’s been a year already!  One year ago right this very minute I was starting to get contractions.  One year ago I had a very sleepless night full of tossing and turning, cleaning and fretting and attempting to get my then 2 year old back to sleep, which was all followed by the arrival of our beautiful angel baby.  One year ago I brought this little babe home and fell in love with his stunning steel eyes and giant baby feet.  (I should have known then that he would grow to be a giant)  One year ago I remembered what life is like with a newborn.  Those first few days are a blur, mostly because I was running on literally 2 hours of sleep.  Seriously folks, 2 hours in 2 days.  I nearly cracked!

I can’t quite tell why I’m feeling so nostalgic.  I was not this way with Izacc!  Not al all.  Perhaps it is because we moved when Izacc was 6 months old, so I didn’t have the constant reminder of the same house, the same drive by the same hospital, the same look of the morning.  Everything was different when Izacc turned one.  New house, new life, new Drs, new everything.  I had no reminders of the year before. 

It actually doesn’t help that I had a sweet friend give birth yesterday. I went to visit her in the same hospital I had been in almost a year ago to the date.  She was in the same room I was in.  I held her perfect little angel baby and my heart melted.

I think I’ve got baby fever.  I think I’ve got it real bad. 

I think I might need to be committed right now for even thinking about it because I’ve got my hands full as it is.  I know this!  I would be crazy to have another baby!

And yet, the rational Camie gets drowned out by the sweet smell of a fresh newborn and the tiny, tiny hands and feet.

I need to snap out of it.  We’ve got bigger fish to fry here, people!  Important matters at hand.

Check out the adorable way things are coming along for the big party going down on Saturday!

Birthday Banner, made by yours truly.DSC_4830

Personalized Onesies.DSC_4844 DSC_4848 

And Mommy likes monkeys too, you know!  So I made myself a little something as well.  Gotta fit in with the theme, right?DSC_4878

Pin the Tail on the Monkey Game.DSC_4921

Crown for big birthday boy.DSC_4907

Sign to welcome guests.DSC_4902

Cups and labels for yummy Banana Sundae Bar.DSC_4917 DSC_4910

Cute party decor.

DSC_4923

And of course, the traditional birthday boy quilt.

DSC_4876

It’s all coming together!  I’m so excited!

Am I going a little overboard?  Heck yes!

Are there going to be, like, three people that show up?  If I’m lucky!

Should I be stopped?  Most definitely.

Whatever.  I’m still excited.  I loves me a good party!  Although stinking Mother Nature has other plans I fear.  It’s supposed to be, like 46 degrees that day so I’m having to redesign my party to be an inside job. 

That’s alright.  It will still be a good time.

And you’re all more than welcome to come!  We’ve got plenty of everything to go around!

HAPPY BITHDAY IAN, MY BIG BUBBA BABY MONSTER!  WE LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

MimiSue said...

You are so stinkin creative! Have a good time...wish I didn't have to work :( Dumb jobs anyway! Miss you!

Jennifer said...

Isn't it kind of sad how fast they grow up. :-( Before we know it we'll be crazy old ladies rocking the day away in our chairs...mumbling to ourselves. (oh wait- I do that already!) jk You are a way cool mom! My kids parties are completely pathetic compared to yours! Can I come!?!

Stephanie said...

Your party looks like it will be super cute! I know what you are saying about the growing up and the baby hungry thing! When Alex turned one I suddenly wanted a new baby sooooo bad! Now Max is six months and I am so mad that he keeps getting bigger :( Have fun at your party!