Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

February 11, 2011

Friday Confessional

Photobucket

Oh sweet Friday, how I have grown to dislike you.  It's not your fault, Friday, please don't take it personally.  It's just that another Friday means another weekend of absent husband, which means boo.
Don't worry, Friday, I can be a bit fickle.
We'll be best friends again in about 4 weeks.
Until then, here's another sad and lonely confession.

I confess...
  • I am emotionally and physically drained.
  • The last two weeks have been some for the record books.
  • On a happy note, though, no sick kids.
  • So it's not been all bad!
  • But I am ready for a stress and drama free week.
  • Here's hoping.
  •  We hosted a Super Bowl party this year.
  • We had a few friends over
  • It was a total good time.
  • Laid back and fun.
  • And oh the food!
  • I's still carrying around the food baby.
  • On top of the real baby.
  • That's a lot of babies.
  • Seriously though, we had enough food to feed double the people we had.
  • And it was delicious.
  • This weekend marks week 5 of Thor's weekly trips to the capitol city.
  • 3 more to go!
  • And then he's mine again.
  • Well, mine and Wal-mart's.
  • Technicalities.
  • At least he'll be in town.
  • And in my bed at nights.
  • Easy, pervs.  He keeps the place warm.
  • He's like my own personal space heater.
  • Awesome.
  • Would ya like to know what's also awesome?!
  • Um, how about a Three Days Grace concert next month!
  • That's right, y'all.
  • I'll be the pregnant one dancing in the family section.
  • You know, the section that they don't allow smoking and alcohol.
  • Yeah, I know.  I'm totally hip.
  • Come on!  I LOVE them.
  • And they'll be two hours away.
  • And tickets were $27!!  
  • $27 people!!
  • Well, plus fees and crap.
  • But still.
  • Whatever, judge me if you will.
  • But I haven't been to a concert since we moved from Utah.
  • And that's coming up on 4 years ago.
  • Blerg.
  • Can't believe it's been that long!
  • Aw I can't wait.
  • PLUS I get to go with my hubby!!
  • And some friends!
  • I know, hard to believe, 
  • but I DO in fact have friends.
  • And we do things too!
  • I know, compare your lives to me and be super jealous.
  • Or not.
  • Either way, I'm still excited.
  • And tired. 
  • Better start resting up now.
  • That concert could go well after 10 pm.
  • And as we all know, 10 pm is when I turn into a pregnant zombie.
  • Yeah, picture that.
  • Crazy hair, eyes at half mast, staggering around in my sweats.
  • You don't gotta tell me
  • GLAMOROUS
  • So watch out, Casper!
  • You're not gonna know what hit ya when this party animal rolls into town!



Photobucket

9 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

bwah ha ha...food baby. i haven't heard that since high school, so funny!!

i know what you mean about the hubz keeping the bed warm. my hubby use to work nights and i totally reversed my sleeping schedule so that i didn't have to sleep alone. i would stay up ALL night, get the kiddo up and off to school and sleep with him until she got home from school.

it worked but my sleep schedule is all messed up now...obviously since i am leaving a comment at 1am.

long comment...sorry.

thanks for linking up with Friday Confessional..see ya next week!

Anonymous said...

Your superbowl party sounded like a lot of fun. My superbowl party was actually a tuperware party. LOL.

Yay to no sick kids.....that's something to be very grateful for.

Three Days Grace tickets for $27...yah, that's a no brainer! Good call on that one. Have fun!

Rachel said...

So glad all your little ones are good! And soon you will have the warm hubby back. I can't imagine how hard that must be. My hubby leaves for a night and I am a mess. I am so dependent on him. Oh well we all have our little things.. he is mine.

3 Days Grace! SOOOOO jealous. Enjoy!

Your confession was great :)

AndreaLeigh said...

I haven't been to a concert in years! I think it was in 2007, and it was a Kelly Clarkson concert. I'd love to go to more, but the price is just so restricting. Seriously? $50 per ticket. Nothankyouverymuch. $27 is great! Please enjoy yourself, and dance away!

jennykate77 said...

So glad your kiddos are staying well!! There has been so much yucky stuff going around lately.

Yay for the concert!! Can we still be friends if I tell you that I don't know who Three Days Grace are?? I LoVE concerts!!

Hope you have a relaxing weekend!

Sara Hickman designs said...

Three Days Grace, my brother would be jealous.

Our Superbowl consisted of staying home with our teething little monster! However, it only took her all season to learn that when we say 'TOUCHDOWN' you lift your hands in the air! It was great!

Not to mention that I live in an area where the Steelers are hated and I am from WI so it was AWESOME for us.

I am following you now, feel free to stop by www.thehickmanfour.blogspot.com. Have a great weekend!

VandyJ said...

Not to be all stalker, but we both live in the same state. I'm down south in Laramie.
Have fun at the concert in Casper.
Glad that you have no sink kids right now. My oldest is better--except for the lingering hacking cough. My youngest has been having symptom of the day--today it's a cough. Doesn't slow him down, though.

Jena said...

You crack me up - miss ya!

Unknown said...

My last concert was also in Utah. We saw The Killers. It was a surprise concert for my hubby for his birthday like three years ago. I miss going to concerts. Have fun!

I know how you feel, lonely bed. My hubby is gone all week and home for the weekends. Barely. I'm at the end of week three of eight. Not cool!