July 12, 2009

I have a problem

(Um this is not a stock photo, it was taken in my kitchen...)

It all started when I got home from the hospital with Ian. I had a bag from Easter that I took to the Hospital with me and munched on a little. When we got home, there was one bag left, I think it was Thom's. My Mom had never tried them, so he broke open the package. The beginning to my demise. So the bag sat in the living room and Mom and I would sit and snack on them here and there.

Then I finished off the bag and as soon as I did, it all started. You don't know what you've got until it's gone. The cravings, the salivating, the thoughts about that sweet, tart chewy goodness. Every time I thought about eating, it was all I wanted. I tried to appease the beast that was my tummy with sweet things, fruity things, chewy things, but to no avail. Every store I went to I would look to see if they had any, but no. They are sold one time of year and that's all. My addiction made itself known a little too late for me to stock up. I even looked online and found them only to be out of stock.


So I gave up and tried to make due with things I could find. Gummies, I even tried Jelly Bellies. Ahh, not cutting it, but would work, I suppose.

So there I was, walking through my hometown grocery store and I walked down the candy aisle, just out of habit, fully expecting not to find them and to my giddy surprise there they were! And not just a bag or two, but a whole stockpile! They even had a tag on the shelf which means they carry them all the time!!! I bought two bags. I called my hunny, who was not with me at the time and told him. He told me I had better get more. I scoffed at his lack confidence in me and knowing myself better than he, told him, "Oh no, two is plenty for me." I will have the taste I've been craving and be done with it...

...until I finished off one bag in two days.

He bought me three more bags before we left.

I began rationing them out to myself, and then had to give myself only 1 serving a day, for fear of running out. So when we went back, about a month later, I decided to stock up. Eight bags, all mine.

The lust has slowed down a bit and I've managed to ween myself off the taste, I think I've even gone a week without having them at all. I still have eight bags in my cupboard, maybe seven. I will simply keep them with my food storage...right next to my caffeine free Dr Pepper ...for who knows when the evil hunger beast will strike again...

No comments: